>log on | move on> Privacy Notice
Important information about your personal information
This Privacy Notice describes the policy and procedures concerning the collection, processing and use of personal information you provide to through the >log on | move on> Careers Gateway website in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation (DPL): (i) the UK General Data Protection Legislation (UK GDPR) (ii) the Data Protection Act 2018 (2018) to the extent that it relates to processing of personal data and privacy; (iii) all applicable Law about the processing of personal data and privacy.
The website is provided by East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull City Councils (the Local Authorities). The Local Authorities are the Joint Data Controllers, and we have appointed First Media Solutions Ltd (the service provider for the website) to process the data on our behalf.
Logging-in or creating an account on the site is optional but is required if you wish to apply for courses on-line using the Common Application Process (CAP), utilise the CV Writer, Skills Passport or This is Me Passport tools, or undertake e-learning courses on HOPathways (the Humber Outreach Programme Learning Platform). If you choose not to activate or create
a personal account you can still use the website to search for courses and access the Information and Inspiration and Resources pages, but will not be able to apply via the CAP or
utilise the CV Writer, Skills Passport, This is Me Passport or HOPathways.
Why do we need your personal information?
We need information from you, and we may receive information about you from your existing/previous education or training institution, to enable you to:
- Complete and submit an on-line application to a 16-19 education and training provider
- Prepare and print a personal CV
- Complete a personal on-line Employability Skills Passport
- Undertake e-learning on HOPathways.
On what legal basis are we processing your data
Local Authorities have a statutory responsibility to ensure that young people aged 15-19 are participating in Employment, Education and Training. The >log on | move on> system supports this; therefore, the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
We will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- So that you can use the full range of services provided by the >log on | move on> Careers Gateway website described above.
- To allow East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull City Council’s to share your personal information with other organisations and/or services that can help you with your further learning or careers aspirations.
- To undertake e-learning on HOPathways.
Exactly what personal information will we collect?
We collect the following categories of personal data from you when you register with the website:
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Education History and Qualifications (including HOPathways e-learning)
- Any Additional Needs to Support Your Education
- Work Experiences and Employability Skills
- Education and Course Choices and Intentions
- >log on | move on> Account Details
- Referees Contact Details
What happens to your personal information?
In accordance with the privacy notice from your current learning institution they may have already created an account to enable you to access the range of tools on the website.
Alternatively, if this has not been created by your current learning institution you may create your own account. In making use of this >log on | move on> Careers Gateway website you will be asked to submit additional personal information about yourself. Whenever you give such personal information, it will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Any personal information you provide on the website will be used to support you in using it and its service.
Your information may be used for the following purposes:
- As content for your personal website account
- To provide you with information and support
- Assisting you in the operation and use of the website
- Assisting your school/academy/college, teachers, Local Authority youth support services and the providers to which you apply in supporting you in relation to the website and your use of it
- To notify you of developments in this website or changes in how to use this website
- To assess and evaluate the use that is being made of the website
- To cross reference and update other records the Local Authorities may hold relating to you for example those provided by the Department for Education and/or the Learner Record Service and/or the Local Authorities’ Client Caseload Information System and the Department for Education’s National Client Caseload Information Service.
- We may share personal information we have collected, or which you supply to us, with the staff of the provider you currently attend or are considering attending as a student.
- We may share personal information we have collected, or which you supply to us, with careers support services within your Local Authority.
- We may also share your information with other providers for the purposes of training and education and the provision of grants and benefits.
- If you undertake e-learning on HOPathways we will share some of your personal data (name, date of birth, home postcode, school and school year) with the HOP and the University of Hull which is the Accountable Body for the HOP. They in turn will share the data with the Higher Education Access Tracker service (HEAT), which is managed and led by the University of Kent. HEAT will store and process your data on behalf of the University of Hull, so that it can be used to produce statistics and reports for the Office for Students (OfS) which is part of the Department for Education, HEAT may share your data with other national teams to help track your progress through education. These are Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), Office for Students (OfS) and the Department for Education (DfE).
Otherwise your information will only be disclosed to a third party where we are obliged or permitted by law. Authorities, such as the Police, may ask for personal information to assist investigations and we will provide this where reasonable to do so.
From time to time we will use your personal information to send you general information by email such as newsletters containing information from carefully selected organisations and businesses which we think would be useful to you. Please note that except as set out in this Privacy Notice, your details will not be released to any third party. If these details change, it is important that you update them straight away so that we and your chosen training providers can continue to communicate with you.
How long do we keep your information for and is it secure?
Personal data will normally be retained in the system until the end of the Year 15 academic year. Longer retention periods are required for pupils with an Education and Health Care Plan and care leavers.
We have in place appropriate technical and contractual measures to ensure the security of the personal data as required by data protection laws.
This site uses industry standard security measures to safeguard your data and ensure that all personal information supplied is stored securely against unauthorised access.
We require that you keep any passwords or usernames confidential and agree not to disclose your password to anyone else.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on this website, the Local Authorities, their partners or service provider may use whatever information is available about you to stop such behaviour. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your school, employer, school email/internet service provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We are not responsible for the content or security of any sites linked to or from this website such as links to provider websites available through the >log on | move on> Careers Gateway. If you access other websites through our website then the operators of those sites may collect information from you which may be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
of cookies to monitor visitor sessions. No personal information is stored in the cookie that is issued by the site. The value stored in the cookie is an anonymous identifier, which is not
linked to any other personal information you may give us during your visit. If you do not wish to receive these cookies you can disable them in your browser, though doing so may
affect the functionality of our website.
First Media Solutions Ltd use trusted data analytics service providers to help us analyse the aggregate website visitor statistics collected from our site cookies.
Cookies used on this site:
- Google Analytics: So that we can identify which parts of a site are popular we use Google Analytics to track which pages you visit. These cookies do not collect information which could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our site works and implement improvements.
- Session: When a user enters a website their computers will be issued with a 'cookie'. Cookies are text files which identify a user’s computer to the site's web server. The website creates a 'session' cookie so that the user’s preferences can be used whilst navigating the site. 'Session' cookies are deleted once the user leaves the website and closes their browser.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to request access to any of your personal data that the >log on | move on> Careers Gateway system holds and can request the following:
- That we rectify any of the data
- A copy of the personal data
- To object to the use of your data
If you have any questions about the use of your data or want to make a request as outlined above you should contact the East Riding of Yorkshire Council: ESP Team Manager
If you are unhappy with how we are processing your data or have concerns about our procedures or practices, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you wish to do so you should contact the UK’s Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk) via the “Contact us” section of their website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
More information about how the Council uses personal information can be found on
Amendments to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed, modified or amended occasionally; the notice was last updated on 23 March 2022 Your continued use of the website following the posting of any changes to the Privacy Notice shall mean that you have accepted those changes.