Labour Market Information (LMI)
More about the sector or industry you want to work in.
Sport CTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
Wyke Sixth Form College, Bricknell Avenue, Hull, HU5 4NT
This course specialises in coaching, sports development, fitness and health. It is suitable for both students who are aiming to go onto further education and study a sports related degree or higher apprenticeship, or to gain employment within the Leisure and Recreation Industry including Leisure Centre Management, Sports Coaching, Fitness Instructor, Physiotherapy, Sports Science and Sports Retail.
GCSE PE or BTEC Level 2 is desirable but not essential. Assessments cover a wide range of forms including practical, written reports, presentations, VLOGs, and so on.
The CTEC Level 3 in Sport is available as an Extended Certificate (1 A Level Equivalent) and an Extended Diploma (3 A Level Equivalent)
The CTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
covers an additional 12 units:
• Working Safely in Sport
• Performance Analysis in Sport and Exercise
• Group Exercise to Music
• Improving Fitness for Sport
• Organisation of Sports Events
• Biomechanics and Movement Analysis
• Exercise for Specific Groups
• Nutrition and Diet for Sport and Exercise
• Health and Fitness Testing for Sport
• Working in Active Leisure
• Sport and Exercise Sociology
• The Business of Sport
A combination of internal and external assessed coursework and an external exam.
GCSE PE or BTEC Level 2 is desirable but not essential.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.