Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship
34/38 Beverley Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU3 1YE
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop the skills and knowledge needed to begin to work as a Hairdresser. They may have previously completed a Level 1 qualification in the relevant subject area. Learners wishing to complete these qualifications will be doing so as an employed apprentice in a real work environment.
A career in hair offers opportunities to become creative. You will be employed between 30-40 hours per week by a salon. The majority of your training will be "on the job" allowing you to build up realistic commercial experience. You will be trained by salon specialists to ensure you know how to creative the latest styles.
Length of programme: Minimum 24 months
Units will include:
- Shampoo, Condition and treat hair and scalp
- Cut Hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to achieve a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
Day release is required one day a week for training, you will undertake practical assessments and short on-line tests for each unit.
*This qualification includes End Point Assessment.
The majority of your training will be "on the job" allowing you to build up realistic commercial experience.
Day release is required one day a week for training at our hairdressing salon 'Salon Apprentice', where you will undertake practical assessments and short on-line tests for each unit.
You will be trained by salon specialists to ensure you know how to creative the latest styles.
This qualification is for anyone aged 16 and over. Learners may have previously completed a Level 1.You must be in employment at the start of the programme—we will support you with this.
Must have achieved a minimum of Level 1 / GCSE Grade D or Grade 3 (as per new grading system) in Maths and English. You will be required to complete Maths and English at Level 2 if you have below Grade 4.
To start this apprenticeship you should be:
- A good communicator
- Creative and an have interest in fashion
- Cheerful and outgoingwilling to train and attend courses
- Able to work as part of a teamflexible in your working
- You must:
- Have a reasonable numeracy and literacy skills
- MUST want to gain a career in hairdressing
Opportunities for progression include:
* Level 3 * Salon Owner * Freelance * Session Styling * Hotels / Spa’s * Working on Cruise Ships * Holiday resorts * Customer Service
For more courses like this, check our courses page.