Labour Market Information (LMI)
More about the sector or industry you want to work in.
Intermediate Apprenticeships in Horticulture
York Road, Bishop Burton, HU17 8QG
As an apprentice you will have a job and earn a wage whilst building up knowledge and skills within the horticulture industry. These apprenticeships are a framework of qualifications made up of a Diploma in Work-Based Horticulture, Functional Skills (English and Maths), Employee Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
- Levelling and preparing sites for landscaping
- Establishing decorative amenity areas
- Maintaining the condition of sports turf surfaces
- Planning and renovating planted areas
- Safe use and application of pesticides.
You must have GCSE English and Maths at grade 3 or E or equivalent. You must also pass an initial assessment, secure work as an apprentice and have one satisfactory reference.
More advanced courses are available at the college for further progression.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.