Engineering Fitter or Metal Fabricator (CAD) – Level 3
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre, Beverley Road, Hull, HU3 1UR
This apprenticeship will provide you with the essential knowledge and practical skills required to program, set and operate and industry standard Computer Aided Design (CAD) system to facilitate the production of 2D and 3D engineering drawings and designs as well as a knowledge and understanding of the aspects of mechanical engineering.
You will gain an Engineering Fitter or Metal Fabricator Level 3 apprenticeship standard and have the opportunity to also undertake additional vocational units in Computer Aided Design.
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) plus a vocational qualification relating to work area.
These qualifications gives both a basic all-round grounding in engineering, as well as extensive theoretical and practical experience in your own employment. On completion, you will gain:
• Either the Engineering Fitter or Mechanical – Level 3 standard in Fabrication and Welding or Mechanical plus vocational qualification relating to CAD
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and by the end of your apprenticeship you will be able to:
• Understand the risks to Health and Safety Associated with the Use of Computer Equipment and Associated Peripheral Devices.
• Understand Mechanical Principles and have an understanding of engineering maintenance or, the principles and applications of fabrication and welding.
• Manage stored data files effectively and configure a CAD System to meet task requirements.
• Understand the requirements of CAD Drawings and Designs to comply with national and international standards and conventions.
• Check lighting systems are working correctly.
• Understand How to Use a CAD System for the production of complex two dimensional (2D) engineering drawings and designs.
• Understand how to modify, copy, manipulate and erase drawn entities.
• Understand how to use a CAD system for the production of basic three dimensional (3D) models and realisations and understand How to Output CAD Data to Peripheral Devices
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and skills. This involves collecting details of work performed whilst in your workplace.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above, or
• Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
• Good IT skills and enjoy working on computers
For more courses like this, check our courses page.