Engineering Fitter (Mechanical) Level 3
Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre, Beverley Road, Hull, HU3 1UR
The mechanical industry is everywhere and this apprenticeship will offer you the opportunity to gain the essential skills, knowledge and qualifications to work in a variety of engineering processes.
There are many different arms to the sector including:
• Product design and manufacture
This programme will provide you with a knowledge and understanding of the applications of lubricants and lubrication systems. They will also learn about the uses and operation of a range of engineering components, transmission and plant equipment systems.
Our experienced tutors are here to support you all the way and will teach you about:
Mechanical applications: seals:
Packing and bearings
Fastenings and linkage mechanisms
Belt and gear drives
Power transmission systems
Manual and automated friction clutches and fluid couplings
Assembly of mechanical equipment and related systems to required specifications
Maintaining and repairing of mechanical systems
Improving the workplace
Health and Safety
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and skills. This involves collecting details of work performed whilst in your workplace.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should have:
• GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above, or
• Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
• Practical abilities and the desire to work with your hands
• High motivation and are keen to work in the engineering/manufacturing environment
• The ability to follow instructions and diagrams
• The ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail
• Good communication and problem solving abilities
• Good numeracy and literacy abilities to work with data
• The ability to work on your own initiative, but also be a good team worker
For more courses like this, check our courses page.