Labour Market Information (LMI)
More about the sector or industry you want to work in.
BTEC Level 3 in Forensic and Criminal Investigation
York Road, Bishop Burton, HU17 8QG
This course is aimed at those with an interest in both Applied Science and also Forensics and Criminology. The course is a mixture of theory and practical and is aimed at improving our students' employability skills in preparation for a job in this industry. You will remain impartial, develop a chronology and provide scientific justification for analysis and you will present facts in a non-biased manner through detailed investigations.
This course requires you to practically explore the principals of science that form the basis of some analytical techniques commonly used to investigate crime, as well as to carry out analysis on forensic evidence. It also requires you to interpret the results and report valid conclusions. By the end of the course you will be able to produce a coherent forensic expert report, with interpretation of findings from the analysis of evidence.
You will study
- Principles and applications of science
- Practical scientific procedures and techniques
- Science investigation skills
- Forensic investigation procedures in practice
- Applications of criminology
- Criminal investigation procedures in practice
- Applications of criminal and forensic psychology
- Physiology of human body systems
- Environmental forensics
- Forensic fire investigation
- Forensic traffic collision investigation
- Forensic photography.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or equivalent, including al Sciences, English and Maths. A satisfactory academic reference is also needed.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.