Training Centres in Grimsby Town Centre and Hull City Centre
95% of learners who have achieved our Traineeship programme progressed onto an apprenticeship, employment or further education.
Our Traineeship programme provides unemployed young people with the skills and experience to progress to an apprenticeship or sustainable work. The Traineeship includes the mandatory elements of work preparation training, work experience/work trial and English and Maths if required.
You will gain real work experience and develop the skills to become work-ready, enabling you to progress to an Apprenticeship or employment with the wealth of employers we work with.
Our Traineeship is individual to meet your requirements, tailored to the sector you wish to work in. Work experience/work trials can be undertaken in a range of employers including:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Early Years Care
- Hairdressing (Grimsby only)
- Health and Social Care
- and many more…
You will undertake the following Mandatory elements:
- Work Preparation to help you progress to an Apprenticeship or sustained employment and address your employability needs, which will include CV writing, preparing for interviews, searching for jobs and developing interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work Experience/apprenticeship work trial totalling no less than 70 hours, in a real working environment with an employer. You will work towards Work Experience Projects in the relevant sector to help you get the most out of your experience.
- English and Maths Functional Skills - If you have already achieved GCSE Grade 4 and above you will be exempt, otherwise you will work towards the level above that which you have achieved.
How will it be delivered?
Work Preparation and English and Maths delivered in Avant’s training centre, work experience delivered in employer’s work place and online.
- Little or no work experience
- Appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
- Above Entry 2 in English and Maths
- Interviews and initial assessments including diagnostics will be carried out with Avant Skills Academy before any place is confirmed.
Your next steps...
Apprenticeship or employment.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.