Do you have any questions about the course?
Send a message
MOT New Tester
12 Henry Boot Way, Priory Park East, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU4 7DY
This qualification is for individuals who want or need to become an MOT Tester.
Subjects covered on this course include:
- Working Safely within a vehicle test centre
- Communicating with colleagues and customers
- How to manage and maintain their CPD
- Carrying out pre-test checks
- Carrying out an MOT test
How will it be delivered?
Delivered over 4 days at the GTA - includes classroom delivery, online assessments and a practical MOT observation assessment in the workshop.
To be eligible to undertake this qualification, a candidate must:
- Have a full and current UK driving licence for the vehicle classes they want to test
- Hold a level 3 qualification in vehicle maintenance or the light vehicle maintenance accreditation
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation.
Your next steps...
There is the possibility to progress on to undertake the MOT Centre Managers qualification and be responsible for your own MOT Centre.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.