Do you have any questions about the course?
Send a message
Click on any image to enlarge.
Leeds United FC Football and Education Course - Level 2
Askham Bryan, York, YO23 3FR
Do you want to turn your passion for football into a career? Our unique sport course, in partnership with Leeds United FC, offers you the opportunity to play football regularly whilst studying a sport diploma. The course will be delivered 1 day a week at Elland Road ground and the remaining time at Askham Bryan College campus in York, with training at Thorp Arch and Askham Bryan College.
During the course you will study areas such as:
- Leading Sport Safely and Effectively
- Working in Sport and Activity Leadership
- Leading Sport and Physical Activity
- Coaching Sport
- Developing Skills for Sport and Activity Leadership
- Leading Different Groups
- Delivering a Sports Activity Event
- Work Experience directly linked to the vocational qualification
- You will have the opportunity to work towards Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above to include two from English, Maths and Science, with at least a grade 2 in the remaining subject. Alternatively, a suitable Level 1 vocational qualification with English and Maths at Level 1.
Your next steps...
When you have completed the course you will gain a BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma for Sport and Activity Leaders which can be used as a stepping stone to further study at FE including the Level 3 Football and Education Course.
The qualifications and experience gained through the course will also allow learners to progress straight into vocational working environments within Sport, Leisure and Fitness or aspects such as apprenticeships or direct employment.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.