Full Time Study

Full Time study are those courses that you study at a school or college.

The types of full time courses you can study can include:

  • A levels 
  • Vocational courses such as
    • BTECs and 
    • NVQ's


Advanced level qualifications (known as A levels) are subject-based qualifications that can lead to university, further study, training, or work. You can normally study three or more A levels over two years. They're usually assessed by a series of examinations.

BTECs which stands for the Business and Technology Education Council are specialist work-related qualifications. They combine practical learning with subject and theory content. Students study to gain skills and knowledge in their subject area, then put those skills into practice in real-life scenarios.

A BTEC at levels 1 and 2 are equivalent to GCSEs. The BTEC level 3 equivalent is A-Level. 

You study a BTEC alongside A-levels, or you can do a standalone BTEC at college or sixth form.

National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are work-based awards in England, Wales and Northern Ireland that are achieved through assessment and training. In Scotland they are known as Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs).

Find out more

Now time to check out what is available locally on >log on | move on>