Health and Social Care
Health Care is about the treatment and support of medical including mental health and psychological conditions in a variety of settings including hospital, health centres, patients homes and the community. It includes Dentists, Opticians and pharmacists.
Social care is about the care and support of people within the community.
Below you will find some job market information to learn more about the industry:
Check out some of the below videos to learn more about the health industry and the different careers available in the sector.
Check out the video to hear about being an Operating Department Practitioner
being a Midwife
being a consultant
being a staff nurse
For information on different hospital jobs based in the Hull and East Riding, why not check out some of the below videos
For further information on the Health and Social Care Sector visit:
- Step Into the NHS - www.stepintothenhs.nhs.uk
- Caring Careers - www.caringcareers.gov.uk
- Skills For Care - www.skillsforcare.org.uk
- Join HEY - www.joinhey.co.uk
- Health Jobs UK - http://hull.healthjobsuk.com/
- Health Careers - www.healthcareers.nhs.uk
- All About Careers - https://www.allaboutcareers.com/careers/job-profile/social-worker
- NI Direct - https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/careers-social-care
Find a Course @ 16 advertises local courses and apprenticeship that you could study to get into the health industry, why not check this out: https://www.logonmoveon.co.uk/courses?AreaSlug=&QualificationSlug=&SectorSlug=&QualificationLevel=&ProviderId=&Search=Health
From Ideas 2 Careers
Do your research
Research your local area, sectors and job roles